5 TIPS FOR WINNING MEMOIR WRITING CONTESTS
FREE WEBINAR—SEPT 10 at 2pm PT | 5pm ET
Writers often struggle with the question: Is my writing good enough? This webinar will cover the Top 5 things memoir judges are looking for in good memoir writing, which happen to be the top things agents and editors are looking for too.
Whether you're entering a contest, looking to get published, or just want to make sure you understand the basic principles of memoir, this webinar is going to pack a punch and deliver a solid hour of tips and ideas to help you win.
THE MAGIC OF MEMOIR—
A Weekend of Craft, Process,
Master teachers in the art of memoir, Linda Joy and Brooke are co-facilitating their first-ever in-person event,
MAGIC OF MEMOIR 2015, this October 17 & 18 in Berkeley, California.
Last year, Linda Joy and Brooke were featured in the New York Times for their work in memoir. Together they have supported hundreds of writers to complete and publish their memoirs.
We are jazzed about this 2-day event in celebration of memoir:
• craft: scenes, dialogue, structure, and more
• exploration of truth & family stories
• writing exercises
• publishing panel with agent and editor
Plus, check out these amazing bonuses when you register before September 8:
• Free Magic of Memoir t-shirt
• Written evaluation of your memoir-in-progress
• Hard copy of our book, Breaking Ground on Your Memoir
• "What Made Eat, Pray, Love a Best-selling Memoir?" CD and bound transcript
• 2 free raffle tickets
CHECK OUT THE DETAILS and we'll see you in Berkeley in October!
OUR RECENT MEMOIR POSTS
- Shades of Truth in Memoir Writing
- Takeaway: The Heart of Memoir Writing
- 7 Tips To Keep Writing Through the Muddy Middle of Your Memoir
- Your Memoir Needs Good Boundaries
- Solutions to the 3 Most Common Questions re: Writing a Memoir
- Are Time Bandits Keeping You from Writing Your Memoir?
- Your Memoir as a Movie